Webcams are important devices for communication between people who are unable to see one another in person. A webcam can provide clear and sharp video imaging, with higher quality webcams offering a more lifelike experience. Whether communicating with someone for business or personal reasons, seeing that person’s face makes the interaction stronger.
- Resolution : Standard definition and high definition.
- Frame Rate : Good minimum frame rate for a webcam is 30 frames per second.
- Autofocus : A webcam with autofocus will track a moving subject within the frame and change its focus.
- Lens : Image quality is largely connected to lens quality, better the lens is, better the broadcast image will be.
- Microphone : Generally suitable for use on a chat program, not powerful enough for professional sound recording.
- Connection Type : USB 2.0 cable and wireless connection.
- Brand : Buy a webcam from reputable brand like Apple, Logitech, Toshiba, Microsoft, Mobotix, Axis, HP, Creative, Gear Head, Sony, Panasonic…
- Design : Clip-on or freestanding.
- Recording : You will need a software, all you need to know about Webcam Software
Network camera : Also called an IP camera, a network camera records images and sends the compressed versions over the network. Network cameras used in surveillance systems usually offer a browser interface so the camera can be remotely accessed and viewed over the Internet. Network Video Recorder (NVR) systems use network cameras.
Large and easily searchable stock of webcams, Webcamorder is a good way for buying webcams.